Monday, October 13, 2014

My Fun-Filled Family Weekend

Happy Monday! Not really. I had such a great weekend that I didn’t want it to end!

I had class on Friday morning, but took off of work on Friday afternoon to go see family in Atlanta. I picked up my sister and two of my cousins from their college in Greenville and we had a blast catching up in the car on the way there. When we got to my aunt’s house we were greeted with a wonderful home cooked meal of spaghetti and garlic bread. Yum! Spent Friday night and Saturday morning just relaxing, catching up with family, and spending time with my grandparents. Add my granny’s sweet tea to the mix, and life is perfect.

Granny's sweet tea with the tenderloin biscuit my grandpa brought me for breakfast :-)

Saturday afternoon was spent making a Starbucks and Target run with my sister and cousins, then we got to go meet my newest baby cousin who is less than a week old! Isn’t she just adorable?!?



My aunt made us another great home cooked dinner of fajitas before we headed back to our respective colleges Saturday night. It’s a long drive for such a short trip, but any chance I get to go spend time with family is worth it!

After church on Sunday, I spent the afternoon making my best friend Kayla's famous peanut butter cookies for a college group activity that night. All in all, a great weekend!




Now it’s back to the grind since I have another exam on Wednesday. Only 1.5 more weeks of school before Fall break! I cannot wait for a long weekend!!! And hopefully, since I’ll have more time, I’ll get a lot of projects finished up so I’ll have more to share in the coming weeks.

Until then, hope everyone has a great week filled with more fun things than memorizing the genetic code...

No comments:

Post a Comment