Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 10: What's in My Bag?

My school bag doesn’t have much in it, but it has all I need to survive a day of classes, research, faculty seminars, and science journal clubs. Plus a few random items for emergencies.

1. Class Notebook - all of my notes, all in one place. Considering how many pages I’ve already filled, it might have been wiser to get a separate 5-subject notebook for each class…

2. Planner/Calendar - Basically my life. It has everything in it to keep me on track and not forget anything. My dad got it for me as a gift for grad school, and I absolutely love it!

3. Random journal club papers - The current week’s paper for journal club, along with random papers from previous weeks and ones I still need to read for future journal clubs.

4. Extra-Strength Advil - For those terrible headaches and migraines that magically appear right in the middle of my day. Usually related to the class that might kill me.

5. Headphones - For listening to recorded class lectures, or music on my phone while I work.

6. Coupon Books - You can’t pass up a free coupon book!

7. Pencil Case - Holds my pencils (obviously!) and my recorder.

8. Wallet - Since my school bag = my purse 5/7 days of the week.

9. Laptop - Rarely. I needed it today for a presentation, but usually don’t bring it because I have a separate work computer for my research.

10. Water Bottle

11. Umbrella - Rain storms tend to pop up unexpectedly here, and I tend to get caught right in the middle of one on my way to my car (where I normally keep my umbrella). So now it goes with me everywhere.

12. Keys

13. Phone

So, what’s in your bag/purse/backpack/fanny pack? If it’s a fanny pack, the 90's called and they want their horrible sense of style back. Otherwise, I’d love to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment