Friday, September 12, 2014

DIY Painted Cork Coasters

When it comes to DIY, I love a good furniture makeover, but what really gets my DIY heart thumping is the little stuff. You know, those little projects that don’t take a lot of time or money, but still make such an impact on a room. Like this one!




I’ve been in dire need of some coasters for my living room. Namely, I only owned one... Plus, it didn’t really match my new decor. I considered buying a set, but why would you when you can make these in under an hour, for a few dollars, and they’re completely customizable!




All it takes is a set of circle (or square) cork coasters from any hobby store, some painters tape, any acrylic paint colors you desire, and some cheap foam brushes. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.




These would also make great gifts - inexpensive, easy to make, and something everyone can use!




You can mix it up by making an ombre set, playing with the color combinations, using different widths of tape, and of course you can make any pattern or design you want. Frog Tape even makes painters tape in a variety of shapes: from scalloped, to wavy, or even chevron! These coasters are a simple, easy, DIY project, but they make a big impact. I think I’m in love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment