Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Surprises, Tears, and Groceries = One Crazy Weekend

Well that was fun! I just got back to Columbia after a whirlwind weekend, so it’s been a little crazy around here! I left on Friday and drove from Atlanta to Murfreesboro, TN to surprise my siblings. They have been working all summer at a camp there so I hadn’t seen them since the end of May. That’s a little too long if you ask me. Anyway… Neither one of them knew I was coming so it was a huge surprise! I got to spend the whole weekend with them (which was super duper awesome by the way) and as an added bonus, I even got to see some friends that were coming for this next week of camp.

After shedding a few tears at having to say goodbye again, I drove back to Atlanta on Monday morning to pack up my stuff and say goodbye to the rest of my family.  Cue the waterworks. It’s a good thing I left at the same time as my parents, because I do a whole lot better with goodbyes when I have to preoccupy myself with something (like driving) afterwards. Anyone else with me on that one? Once, when I was driving back to college after a visit home, I made it through all of the goodbyes to my family members without a single tear, but as soon as I looked at the dog I lost it. Please tell me I’m not the only big baby around here when it comes to goodbyes. Stupid hormones…

So, long story short, I’m back! Look out world, I'm living on my own and making big grown-up decisions! And if anyone needs me, I’ll just be over here in my blanket fort coloring because growing up is freaking scary, people! But I got this. I just need to keep psyching myself into it. This is going to be fun. This is going to be fun. This is going to be fun…

Well, it’s helping for now. In the meantime, I have to go do big grown-up things like buying groceries. And since you know I love my lists (I should probably buy stock in Post-It…), I thought I’d share my meal planning/grocery shopping list with you!

The grocery list part is super awesome since everything is broken up by section, making it all that much easier to find things in the store. I start by planning out my meals for the week based on my schedule, what’s on sale, and fitting in any meals I want to try. While I was in college, I usually just planned with my roommate and we only planned out our dinners since we were both crazy busy. It’s going to be a little different this time around since #1: I’ll be planning for me, myself, and I; and #2: I want to start planning out every meal and snack, not just dinner.

Meal Plan & Grocery List #1 (portrait layout): This is the original list I used during college. It has stood the test of time, and I even got my mom using it after she saw how awesome it was.



Meal Plan & Grocery List #2 (landscape layout): This is the improved list I will be using from here on out. And here’s why:
  • Allows me to plan out every meal and snack.
  • I am going to start clean eating (no more junk, processed food for me!), so I didn’t need a lot of the categories on the other list.
  • I just really like making, filling out, and crossing off lists. Can I get an amen?!?


Click here to download both: Meal Plans 1 & 2

This list is my main tool for meal planning. It allows me to see everything in one place and is great for keeping track of things I run out of and need to get at the store, as well. If you have any awesome tips for meal planning for one, please pass them along! I can use all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment