Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Oven Roasted Salmon and Vegetables

I know I'm not the only one who meal plans almost entirely from their Pinterest "Food" board. It's just too easy! I love to try new foods, and Pinterest is a great place to find new recipes to try. If you wanted a recipe for bacon chocolate pancakes, I'm sure it's just a search away on Pinterest...




Like these! Search result numero uno.

http://www.evilshenanigans.com/2011/02/chocolate-chip-and-candied-bacon-pancakes-with-nutella-maple-syrup/


Drool…




Ok, moving on!

The recipe I've recently fallen in love with is much, much, much healthier. And it's so easy and quick to make, that even a busy grad student has the time to make this dish.

Here's the link to the original blog post I pinned on Pinterest: http://www.momendeavors.com/2014/01/quick-healthy-recipe-one-pan-baked-salmon-vegetables.html


Oven Roasted Salmon and Vegetables

Photo credit: Mom Endeavors

  • 9x13 baking pan or casserole dish
  • Salmon fillets - Fresh or frozen and thawed, doesn't matter. I typically have them cut 1 pound into fillets for me at the deli. It's usually cheaper than paying per fillet.
  • Vegetables, potatoes, or anything else that you usually roast in the oven. - My favorites are green beans and asparagus. Other ideas: quartered red potatoes, zucchini, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, etc.
  • Olive oil *optional* - see note below
  • Herbed butter - you can make it yourself or buy it pre-made. I found mine over by the cream cheese and specialty cheeses.
  • Salt *optional* - see note below

1. Put salmon fillets skin-side down in the middle of the pan.
2. Put your vegetables on each side of the salmon fillets to fill the pan.
3. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and salt to taste (*OR you can do what I do and just add a dollop of herbed butter to the vegetables*)
4. Add a dollop of herbed butter to the top of each salmon fillet.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.


Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. And healthy to boot! I'm sure you could also make this with chicken or any other kind of fish, but I just love the salmon. This dish makes it so moist and delicious, it literally melts in your mouth!


Now go make it and then come back and tell me how much you loved it! My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment