Wednesday, July 9, 2014

On The Road…... Still

2,000 miles is a really, really, REALLY looooooong drive. Like really. We left early Saturday morning and we're still not there. Now granted, we are stopping to see friends and family and take rest days along the way. But still! It takes two days just to drive across Texas for goodness sake! This blog, my country music, and my crochet projects are the only things keeping me sane right now.



Sunrise as we left Phoenix. Isn't it beautiful?!?


We are trying to do about 500 miles at a time so it's really only 4 long days of driving. Add in 3 rest days with various friends and family in different cities and you get one exhausting week-long trek across the country. Blah.

It is awesome crochet time though! In the last week I have made 4 dish rags, 1 potholder/hot pad, and am working on a crocheted "rope" rug. Tutorials for everything coming soon. Need to get settled in my new apartment first!

Speaking of new apartment, I am so stinkin' excited! Walk-through is on Friday and I (hopefully) move in on Saturday. Brace yourselves for the floods of pictures coming next week :-). I've been DIYing a ton of stuff preparing for this move, so there'll be lots of new tutorials once I get settled. I've painted furniture, made DIY artwork, salvaged picture frames for printed artwork, and crocheted a few home goods. This is going to be one very DIYed apartment, which is both cheaper for this poor grad student and makes for great blog content :-).



Sneak peek of my potential new apartment! Loving the laundry room, walk-in closet, and balcony! :-D


I'll also be posting a nice detailed post sometime later this week or next on how I packed for this move and how it has been much less stressful than it could have been (except for the actual driving part; definitely nerve-wracking.) And for all you other dirt poor college students, I'll post a summary of all expenses so you can see if you too want to be as crazy as me to spend less money.


Now excuse me as I rock along with my dad to the oldies but goodies while I sip my sweet tea from Starbucks. Take note all Arizona Starbucks: you need this. I had to come to Texas to find it, but this stuff is awesome possum!






No comments:

Post a Comment